Fake nuns arrested for smuggling cocaine in Colombia
SAN ANDRES, Colombia — These three women may look like nuns, but the police who arrested them say they are actually suspected drug smugglers.
The three were women were caught Saturday when they arrived at an airport on Colombia’s Caribbean island of San Andres on a flight from the capital city of Bogota.
San Andres police said the women thought their disguise would keep them from being searched, but security personnel thought the habits were suspicious and the women were acting nervously. Police said each woman was searched and found with about 4.5 pounds of cocaine taped to their bodies. The women were arrested.
(The information and images in this story are courtesy of Caracol TV via CNN)
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say