Mormon Tabernacle Choir to release new CD in September
SALT LAKE CITY – The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will release a new CD this September.
The world-renowned choir is working with Grammy Award-winning recording label Deutsche Grammophon and featuring Grammy Award-winning artist Bryn Terfel as the guest soloist.
Terfel has recorded numerous award-winning CDs and performed in major opera houses around the world.
“It will be filled with wonderful Americana songs that Bryn has especially requested to perform with the choir. So we’ll be singing some familiar, some that we have even recorded before, but new arrangements have been written,” said Ron Jarrett, president of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
The choir will start recording next week, performing six sessions and finishing with their weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday. Terfel will appear in the broadcast on Mother’s Day and everyone is invited to attend at the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country
- Tennessee family finds dead man under deck during Easter egg hunt