Utah man’s search for kidney ends in successful transplant
SALT LAKE CITY — Fox 13 has been following one man’s life-and-death search for a kidney donor since January, and several months later the surgeries are finished and he’s on the road to recovery.
James Humphreys found out he was dying in October of 2012 as his kidneys were failing. His search for a donor ended in April when an old college friend stepped forward to donate and was approved for the transplant.
We were there when Humphreys and his donor, Patrick Buckendorf, went in for surgery and when they came back out again, and we chronicled the day’s events. Humphreys came to our studios Sunday night to talk about his experiences. Watch the videos above for an in-depth look into the procedures that saved James Humphreys’ life.
For more information about kidney donations visit the links below.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats