Ogden school evacuated after bomb threat
OGDEN, Utah — Students at Shadow Valley Elementary School in Ogden were evacuated after a bomb threat on Tuesday morning.
Donna Corby, Ogden School District, said the bomb threat was in the form of a handwritten note found in the boys bathroom at about 11:30 a.m. The school is located at 4911 South 1500 East.
Parents were notified and instructed to pick up their children at a nearby LDS church building.
Lt. Danielle Croyle, Ogden Police Department, said they searched the school and did not find a bomb.
She said, “We did a cursory search, and then ended up having bomb techs and their K9 resources respond also and assist in searching the school… Nothing was located.”
Classes are scheduled to resume at the school on Wednesday.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say