by Jennifer Burns, McGrath's Fish House
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 24 medium mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoon parsley, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 2 cups shredded parmesan, divided
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Pre-heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon of parsley. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown and add the wine or stock. Continue to cook until the liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the mushrooms into a baking dish.
Soften the cream cheese. Gradually mix the mayonnaise into the softened cream cheese. Fold in the crabmeat, 1 cup of the Parmesan, artichoke hearts, celery, yellow onion, red bell pepper, green onions, lemon juice, remaining garlic and hot sauce into the cream cheese mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the stuffing between the prepared mushrooms. Top with the remaining cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until browned on top. Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley.