Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit catch one of Top 10 Most Wanted
SALT LAKE CITY – The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit has arrested one of their top ten most wanted fugitives.
Officers say gang member Dumont Williams led them on a foot chase near 206 North New Star Drive (near 1785 West) in Salt Lake City at around 8:30 p.m. Thursday. The unit sent out K9 units for a search and were able to find Williams and take him into custody.
“It looks like he may have been bitten by the dog on the elbow but it looks superficial to us. He’s going to be transported to the hospital as a precautionary. He may have swallowed some narcotics during the foot chase as well,” said Sgt. Lex Bell with the Metro Gang Unit.
Williams was wanted for a probation parole violation. He was booked into jail after being treated at an area hospital.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory