Utah lawmakers wind down the session with some fun
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah’s legislators have passed or rejected some controversial legislation, from gun rights to the “Zion curtain,” but as the session wound down on Thursday, they took a break from the seriousness and had some fun.
House Speaker Becky Lockhart had one of the most memorable descriptions of the session, giving her thoughts on Utah’s “Zion curtain.”
“Just straight up I think it’s weird,” she said. “It’s illogical. It makes no sense.”
Senators claimed to be taking the high road…but with a visit from Ronald McDonald and dance parties, some took those claims into question.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say