Utah lawmakers wind down the session with some fun
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah’s legislators have passed or rejected some controversial legislation, from gun rights to the “Zion curtain,” but as the session wound down on Thursday, they took a break from the seriousness and had some fun.
House Speaker Becky Lockhart had one of the most memorable descriptions of the session, giving her thoughts on Utah’s “Zion curtain.”
“Just straight up I think it’s weird,” she said. “It’s illogical. It makes no sense.”
Senators claimed to be taking the high road…but with a visit from Ronald McDonald and dance parties, some took those claims into question.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving