Big Budah’s blog: Family gatherings, weight loss progress and Disneyland
These past couple of days have been really tough for me with my cousin’s funeral.
Something that made it even more difficult than I anticipated was that my family and others who attended the funeral gathered for a meal.
Eating is a big part of Samoan culture, and our family gatherings tend to center around food. In the past, this is where most of my overeating happened. It’s a weekly struggle for me because our family also gets together for Sunday dinners.
On the plus side, though, I’m able to work out three times a week, my clothes feel a lot looser on me and I continue to be pain free in my back when I’m walking around. I’m now wearing a size 4X t-shirt. It used to be 6X.
This weekend, I’ll be rooting my daughter on as her high school softball team goes to a tournament in St. George, and then I’m heading to Disneyland. I hope to be able to ride on more than a few rides there. It has been more than twenty years since I have fit in an amusement park ride, so this will be a real measuring stick for me as far as how my weight loss is coming along.
Thanks, everyone, for your continued support!
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving