Utes headed to Pac-12 semis after 79-69 OT upset
SALT LAKE CITY – The University of Utah men’s basketball team is headed to the semifinals of the Pac-12 Tournament after upsetting number 2 seed California in a 79-69 overtime victory.
The Utes and Bears kept it close through regulation, with Cal having a 1-point lead at halftime. A 3-point shot by Jarred DuBois in the final seconds of the second half put the game into overtime.
It was all Utah in OT, with the Utes pulling ahead by 11 points and finishing with a 79-69 victory.
DuBois led Utah with 21 points and 5 rebounds.
Utah will take on either Oregon or Washington in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinals on Friday.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church