SLC SWAT arrests suspect who fled from Idaho
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City Police Department SWAT team descended on a Motel 6 and arrested a suspect after they received a request from an Idaho police agency.
Detective Rick Wall, Salt Lake City Police, said a police agency in Gooding, Idaho sent them information about two suspects wanted in connection with a possible assault or homicide.
Wall said the Idaho agency provided information about the suspects and their vehicle. Wall said they sent officers in after the vehicle was discovered at a Motel 6 in Salt Lake City.
“So we did a room-by-room check—ended up finding what we believe to be one of the suspects,” he said. “The other one, we were unable to locate him at this point.”
Wall said they don’t have much information on the case, as it originated in the state of Idaho. He said they will be turning things over to the agency that sent them the alert.
“Now we’re transporting that individual to interview them and let the Idaho agency do their follow-up,” he said.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving