Suspect evades police during high-speed chase
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are searching for a suspect who evaded capture following a high-speed chase.
Police responded to a call at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday in an attempt to arrest a suspect they had been after for a few weeks. Officers found the suspect near 4700 South and Bangerter Highway, but he fled in a vehicle.
Police said they stopped pursuing of the man after the chase became too dangerous. Michael Coleman, West Valley City Police, said the man left the vehicle behind during his escape.
“The suspect continued to flee the area,” he said. “A short time later, our officers were able to locate the suspect’s vehicle abandoned in a neighborhood.”
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats