At least 3 snowplows involved in weekend accidents
SALT LAKE CITY — A car attempted to pass a snow plow early Sunday morning, and the winter road conditions contributed to an accident between the two vehicles.
John Gleason, Utah Department of Transportation spokesperson, said the car was moving southbound along I-15 behind the plow. The driver attempted to pass the plow in the left lane, but the driver spun out and collided with the other vehicle.
The driver is OK, but UDOT wants to remind people how dangerous it can be to pass snow plays, and they urge people to be cautious.
“This is a real safety concern,” Gleason said. “These trucks are huge. They have a lot of force behind them, so if a car cuts them off these drivers can’t stop on a dime, and unfortunately, more times than not, it’s the car that pays the price.
UDOT reported they have had at least three car crashes involving snowplows over the weekend.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say