At least 3 snowplows involved in weekend accidents
SALT LAKE CITY — A car attempted to pass a snow plow early Sunday morning, and the winter road conditions contributed to an accident between the two vehicles.
John Gleason, Utah Department of Transportation spokesperson, said the car was moving southbound along I-15 behind the plow. The driver attempted to pass the plow in the left lane, but the driver spun out and collided with the other vehicle.
The driver is OK, but UDOT wants to remind people how dangerous it can be to pass snow plays, and they urge people to be cautious.
“This is a real safety concern,” Gleason said. “These trucks are huge. They have a lot of force behind them, so if a car cuts them off these drivers can’t stop on a dime, and unfortunately, more times than not, it’s the car that pays the price.
UDOT reported they have had at least three car crashes involving snowplows over the weekend.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving