Suspicious package causes road closure in Centerville
CENTERVILLE, Utah — Emergency personnel responded to a call about a suspicious package found next to a fire hydrant on Main Street in Centerville around 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
South Davis Metro Fire said they are treating it as a hazardous material incident, and Main Street was temporarily closed from Parrish Lane to Chase Lane while they investigated. They asked the public to avoid the area in the meantime.
Main street was reopened sometime around 4 p.m. after it was determined the package was not an explosive device. The hazardous material team checked out the package, and it was determined to be flour.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base