Double Mushroom Hummus Bruschetta (02.18.13)
by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 onion, diced, any kind
- 1 package (8 ounces) white mushrooms, diced
- 1 package (10 oz.) mini bella mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 cup hummus (plain or any flavor)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 20-25 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons of the oil, onions and both mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned (about 5-6 minutes). 2 minutes before the onions and mushrooms are done cooking, add the garlic, salt and pepper; continue stirring. Mix in the parsley.
Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush a thin layer of the remaining oil on one side of the slices. Spread some of the hummus on each piece. Divide the mushroom mixture among the toasts. Top with the cheese. Cook for 5 minutes or until the baguette slices are golden brown. Top with tomatoes. Serve immediately.