Two knives detected by SLC airport security
SALT LAKE CITY — Two knives were detected by security at the Salt Lake City International Airport on Thursday.
Officers with the Transportation Security Administration found a plastic knife hanging on a fishing line around one passengers neck and concealed by his clothing.
The passenger said he carried the knife for protection, according to a TSA spokeswoman.
A second passenger brought a double-edge knife through security in his carry-on bag. The passenger was cited by Salt Lake City Airport Police.
TSA officers at the Salt Lake City International Airport have discovered a large number of weapons so far this year.
In 2011, TSA discovered 20 firearms at the Salt Lake City airport.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving