by Jennifer Burns, Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 packet Stevia natural sweetener
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, tomatoes, green or red pepper. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, stevia, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Stir in olive oil, vinegar. Pour over the corn relish; mix well. Stir in the basil or cilantro. Set aside.
Meanwhile, lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with the lemon and dill; season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fillets skin side down, and grill 3–4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip fillets, and grill for 3 more minutes. Fish should feel slightly firm in the center and will register 145° on an instant-read thermometer. Place salmon onto each of 4 plates, and spoon relish over top. Serve immediately.