Chef makes pie, shares pick-up lines
Big Budah in West Valley City Thursday where he helped Chef Ray Works, executive pastry chef with Resorts at Wendover, make a special Valentine’s Day pie.
Strawberry Custard Pie
2 pie shells
1 batch of custard (See custard recipe below)
3 pints Fresh strawberries
2 ½ – 3 lbs. strawberry glaze
3 oz. whipped cream
Bake empty shells at 360 for approximately 18 to 20 minutes; allow to cool.
Cut each strawberry into four pieces. Mix glaze with strawberries very well.
Spread custard into pie shell about 1/2 to 3/4 up the sides. Top custard with Strawberry mix, heaping it a little in the middle. Garnish with whipped cream and refrigerate.
Yield: 3 ½ lbs.
2 oz. (half stick) butter
1 quart milk
4 oz. Sugar
4 oz. Half & half
2 oz. Corn starch
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
Melt butter in pan. Add sugar and bring to a boil. Whisk eggs until completely liquid. Mix together the half & half, corn starch and vanilla. Add to pan, stir constantly over a medium flame until it thickens. Pour into a shallow bowl or pan, cover with plastic wrap. Cool.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving