Charred body confirmed as Christopher Dorner
(CNN) — Medical examiners have positively identified the body of the renegade former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner, the man authorities say killed four people and wounded three others in a vendetta against his old comrades.
That announcement from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department came two days after a shootout, standoff and fire at a cabin in the mountains east of Los Angeles. Dorner’s remains were identified through dental records during an autopsy, the department said.
The charred remains of a man believed to be Dorner were found in the burned-out cabin late Tuesday. The cause of death was not released with the identification.
By CNN Staff.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- Utah Supreme Court considers overturning child killer's conviction
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue
- Shocking new gun control ad released around Newtown anniversary