Big Budah has lost 36 pounds since weight loss surgery
SALT LAKE CITY – It’s been nearly two weeks since FOX 13′s Big Budah underwent gastric sleeve surgery, a radical weight loss procedure that might help him shed the weight for good.
Big Budah weighed in at 398 pounds this week, a total loss of 36 pounds since a week before his surgery.
He’s feeling lighter and has more energy, but there has been some pain.
An old heel spur has resurfaced since he’s been walking so much since his surgery, so he’s wearing a boot to ease the pain and is turning to other alternatives to keep moving.
“Have you ever done ‘Dance Dance’ while sitting down? It doesn’t work. It’s not as fun,” Budah said.
He’s also experiencing some abdominal pain as a result of a hernia doctors discovered and repaired during surgery.
Budah hasn’t experienced the cravings some people who undergo the surgery have, and he’s been on a liquid protein diet for nearly two weeks. But in a couple days, he’ll get to add soft foods – things that can be blended to the consistency of apple sauce – to his diet.
His stomach can only hold six ounces of food and eight ounces of liquid, so he’ll have to stop eating as soon as he feels full.
Budah’s doctors say he’s doing great, and he’s still getting a lot of support from family, friends and viewers.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- 'Blood moon' will be a sight to behold during Tuesday's total lunar eclipse
- Police: Woman admits to strangling or suffocating six newborn babies
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)