Big Budah has lost 36 pounds since weight loss surgery
SALT LAKE CITY – It’s been nearly two weeks since FOX 13′s Big Budah underwent gastric sleeve surgery, a radical weight loss procedure that might help him shed the weight for good.
Big Budah weighed in at 398 pounds this week, a total loss of 36 pounds since a week before his surgery.
He’s feeling lighter and has more energy, but there has been some pain.
An old heel spur has resurfaced since he’s been walking so much since his surgery, so he’s wearing a boot to ease the pain and is turning to other alternatives to keep moving.
“Have you ever done ‘Dance Dance’ while sitting down? It doesn’t work. It’s not as fun,” Budah said.
He’s also experiencing some abdominal pain as a result of a hernia doctors discovered and repaired during surgery.
Budah hasn’t experienced the cravings some people who undergo the surgery have, and he’s been on a liquid protein diet for nearly two weeks. But in a couple days, he’ll get to add soft foods – things that can be blended to the consistency of apple sauce – to his diet.
His stomach can only hold six ounces of food and eight ounces of liquid, so he’ll have to stop eating as soon as he feels full.
Budah’s doctors say he’s doing great, and he’s still getting a lot of support from family, friends and viewers.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats