Trooper, driver injured after snow-caused crash
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah – A Utah Highway Patrol trooper was hit in Sevier County on Friday afternoon.
UHP officials say that a trooper was inside his patrol car investigating a crash on Interstate 70 in Clear Creek Canyon just before 5 p.m. Friday when a second vehicle lost control and struck the trooper’s patrol car.
The trooper and the driver of the other vehicle both suffered minor injuries and were transported to a Richfield hospital.
Investigators say the roads were snow-covered and slick at the time of the crash and that the driver of the second vehicle was driving too fast for conditions.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country
- Tennessee family finds dead man under deck during Easter egg hunt