Trooper, driver injured after snow-caused crash
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah – A Utah Highway Patrol trooper was hit in Sevier County on Friday afternoon.
UHP officials say that a trooper was inside his patrol car investigating a crash on Interstate 70 in Clear Creek Canyon just before 5 p.m. Friday when a second vehicle lost control and struck the trooper’s patrol car.
The trooper and the driver of the other vehicle both suffered minor injuries and were transported to a Richfield hospital.
Investigators say the roads were snow-covered and slick at the time of the crash and that the driver of the second vehicle was driving too fast for conditions.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory