Bountiful soccer coach arrested for alleged sexual abuse of a child
DAVIS COUNTY – A Bountiful soccer coach has been arrested after he allegedly sexually abused one of his teenage soccer players.
Steve Dale Green, 41, was arrested on Wednesday at about 9:20 a.m. According to a probable cause affidavit from Utah’s Second District Court, Green will face multiple charges, including rape of a child, sodomy upon a child, aggravated sexual abuse of a child, rape, sodomy and forcible sexual abuse—all of which are first-degree felonies.
According to court documents, Green allegedly sexually abused a young girl who played on a soccer team he coached. The alleged abuse started sometime in 2008 or 2009 when the girl was 13, and it continued until 2011, according to the affidavit. The girl is now 17 years old.
The affidavit states that the sex was happening nearly every day at Green’s home in Bountiful.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base