Ice cream shop holds Second Amendment Day
SOUTH OGDEN, Utah — An ice cream shop owner in South Ogden is showing his support for gun rights by giving customers who bring in their concealed carry permits a $1 discount.
The Farr’s Fresh location at 4013 Riverdale Road is the only Farr’s location offering the discount. The store is run by Ronald Young. Young said he is doing a discount for those with concealed weapon permits because he feels like gun owners get an unfair reputation, and he sees this as his way to send a message.
“I really think that the average man is getting beat up pretty good today simply because he owns a gun,” he said. “Every time somebody, some wacko, goes on a shooting spree, top leaders of our country decide it’s time to take guns away from everybody who didn’t do it, and I personally think you need to stand up and say something about that.”
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- 'Blood moon' will be a sight to behold during Tuesday's total lunar eclipse
- Police: Woman admits to strangling or suffocating six newborn babies
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)