LDS missionary killed while biking
WOODLAND, Oklahoma — A sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in Oklahoma was killed on Friday when she was struck from behind by a truck while riding a bicycle.
Scott Trotter, senior public affairs manager for the LDS church, said in an email that Sister Alesa Renee Smith was 22 years old and from Benton, Arkansas. She was serving in the Oklahoma City Mission. Smith was riding single file on the side of the road with her companion in Woodland, Oklahoma when the accident happened.
Smith was pronounced dead at the scene. Her companion was uninjured.
Trotter said: “The entire church grieves at her passing, and we pray for her family and friends at this difficult time.”
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- Utah Supreme Court considers overturning child killer's conviction
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue
- Shocking new gun control ad released around Newtown anniversary