Steel Cut Oats with Brown Sugar and Bananas (02.01.13)
by Jennifer Burns, Jamba Juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the oats. Stir for 2 minutes to toast. Add the boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer for 30 minutes, without stirring.
Combine the milk and half of the buttermilk with the oatmeal. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with remaining buttermilk, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Matthew David Stewart found dead in jail cell in apparent suicide
- Couple killed in motor home crash during family trip to Disneyland
- Investigation into West Point boys' deaths wraps up
- Wiretap warrants reveal new details in Susan Cox Powell disappearance
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment