LDS Church building new MTC in Mexico City
SALT LAKE CITY – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening a new Missionary Training Center in Mexico City.
The Church says response to lowering the missionary age has prompted the need to open a new center, so the LDS Church-owned high school in Mexico City will be converted to an MTC starting in July.
The new center will train between 1,200 and 2,000 new missionaries called to serve in Mexico and other Latin American countries every year.
Students currently attending the high school will return to the Mexican public school system.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving