LDS Church building new MTC in Mexico City
SALT LAKE CITY – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening a new Missionary Training Center in Mexico City.
The Church says response to lowering the missionary age has prompted the need to open a new center, so the LDS Church-owned high school in Mexico City will be converted to an MTC starting in July.
The new center will train between 1,200 and 2,000 new missionaries called to serve in Mexico and other Latin American countries every year.
Students currently attending the high school will return to the Mexican public school system.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say