Roasted Nuts and Olives (01.29.13)
By Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1/2 jar kalamata and/or green olives, drained
- 1/2 can black olives, drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of chopped parsley
- Pinch of chopped oregano
- Pinch of lemon zest
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts and/or whole almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut a large piece of aluminum foil. Place all ingredients in the middle of the foil. Fold tightly, creating a pouch. Roast for 20 minutes. Carefully, open the pouch (steam) and remove the bay leaf. Place into a bowl and serve immediately.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving