Checketts sells interest in Real Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY – Dave Checketts sold his interest in MLS’s Real Salt Lake, he announced on Thursday.
After bringing Major League Soccer to Utah eight years ago, Checketts announced the sale to Dell Loy Hansen.
Hansen bought 49 percent of the team in 2009, and now he has complete ownership of RSL’s Utah sports properties, including RSL, Rio Tinto Stadium and the radio station ESPN 700.
Under Checketts, RSL has become one of the top teams in the MLS, with an outstanding stadium he fought hard to build.
Checketts says he felt like he’d accomplished everything he wanted to do, and now it’s time to move on.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory