Kennecott, Downtown Alliance offer free UTA passes on red air days
SALT LAKE CITY – Kennecott Copper Utah and the Downtown Alliance have teamed up to offer free Utah Transit Authority day passes on red air days.
One pass will be provides per person, per red air day. Commuters can obtain a pass by filling out an online form. The passes are good for any UTA form of transportation, including on buses and on TRAX.
“There is no silver bullet when it comes to creating perfect air quality, everyone contributes,” said Kyle Bennett, Kennecott spokesman. “This is an opportunity for us to help influence positive change on a bad air day, like we are experiencing today.”
A doctor with the Utah Physicians for a Health Environment said that although he applauds Kennecott’s effort, it is a small scratch on the surface of what the company needs to do to be a responsible corporate member of the community.
The organization will be meeting with the governor Wednesday afternoon to discuss air quality.
For more information, visit kennecott.com.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base