Man accused of child sex abuse found dead
A former Vernal middle school vice principal was found dead one week before he was set to go to court for child sex abuse charges.
Police said David Papadakos, 43, was found dead in his car along SR-121 Thursday, in an apparent suicide.
Papadakos was arrested and booked into the Uintah County Jail in October for over a dozen charges stemming from alleged sexual abuse of a child.
He was scheduled for a preliminary hearing on January 24 to determine if he would have to go to trial.
- Man shot, killed by police in Wyoming
- 'Complete destruction of neighborhoods, businesses' predicted in wake Midwest tornadoes
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS President Thomas S. Monson, dies at 85
- Family of Utah Army medic say he died giving aid to fellow soldier
- Black bear captured in Provo neighborhood