Ogden company fined for devices that bypass emission control equipment
OGDEN, Utah – A Utah auto company is being fined for creating and selling illegal devices that bypass vehicle emission control equipment.
Edge Products in Ogden will pay a $500,000 fine for making and selling devices that allow diesel truck owners to remove emission controls from their vehicles.
The company allegedly sold more than 9,000 devices nationwide, resulting in an estimated 158 tons of excess particulate matter released into the atmosphere.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory