Herb Crusted Pork Chops with a Honey Mustard Sauce (01.16.13)
By Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops (4 oz/125 g each), trimmed of fat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (garnish)
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream or yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In small bowl, combine thyme, garlic and onion powder, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil. Sprinkle thyme mixture evenly over both sides and press down with fingertips to adhere.
Heat large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side or until barely pink in center. Remove pork chops from pan. Place on a plate and cover with tinfoil.
In the same pan, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Place over low heat until warmed, about 2-3 minutes. Do not bring to a boil. Spoon equal amounts of honey mustard sauce on each of six dinner plates. Place pork chops on top of sauce. Garnish with parsley.