Illinois traffic stop leads to Utah drug bust
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Illinois police found packages of marijuana in a man’s car during a traffic stop, and the man said the marijuana came from Cottonwood Heights.
The Cottonwood Heights Police Department made a drug bust at around 3 p.m. on Monday in response to this information.
Sgt. Gary Young of the Cottonwood Heights Police Department said they seized two to three dozen mature marijuana plants, several younger plants and a significant amount of cash.
The police said the man lived alone in the house, and they’re still investigating whether or not the man has ties to drug cartels.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Rock slide leaves 2 people dead inside house in Rockville
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church