Torch sparks 2-alarm CH fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Fire crews put out a 2-alarm blaze in Cottonwood Heights on Sunday.

The fire started at a single-family home at 8010 South Royal Lane (2300 East) in Cottonwood Heights just after 4 p.m.

Unified Fire Officials say the fire was sparked by a torch being used to thaw an outside hose bib.Unified Fire officials say the blaze started in a room in the house and has spread inside the walls.

Officials called for a second alarm because of the cold weather.

No one was trapped in the fire. There was damage to the home’s exterior with minor smoke damage inside.