Justin Bieber pays hospital visit to young fan battling leukemia
SALT LAKE CITY – A young fan got the surprise of a lifetime when Justin Bieber visited her in the hospital on Saturday evening.
7-year-old Millie Flamm had tickets to see her favorite musician Justin at his Salt Lake City concert on Saturday night, but when she relapsed and had to be hospitalized for leukemia for the third time, she was unable to attend the concert.
“My daughter Millie has leukemia, been fighting it for a little over three years now,” said Brady Flamm, Millie’s dad. “In the middle of cold and flu season it’s not really a good idea to take her to a big stadium.”
A group of mothers came together to make a push on Facebook and Twitter to get Justin to visit Millie at Primary Children’s Hospital before his concert on Saturday.
“A friend posted a picture on Facebook, said Justin she needs to meet you and it just took off from there,” Brady said.
Millie’s family wasn’t sure whether Justin would make the visit – or even see their petition – and Millie had no idea about the petition.
Justin pulled through, paying a visit to Millie Saturday evening, even delaying his concert a bit to see her.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say