UHP trooper accused of years of child sex abuse
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah — A Utah Highway Patrol trooper faces multiple felony charges after he was accused of sexually abusing a girl over the course of eight years.
The alleged victim said the abuse began when she was six years old. She gave investigators graphic statements about the alleged incidents, which she said occurred on a weekly basis between 2004 and 2009, according to the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office.
The most recent incident allegedly occurred in the fall of 2012, after the girl turned 14.
Bruce L. Turner, 47, was booked into the Sevier County Jail, where he is being held on 12 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, forcible sexual abuse and sodomy of a child.
Turner’s bail was initially set at $270,000 cash only. He made his first appearance in 6th District Court on Thursday.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats