SL Co. Mayor-elect to hold food drive on inauguration day
SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams announced his plans for the county, including embracing the arts and volunteerism.
Utah was recently recognized as the number one per capita state for volunteering, and McAdams says it’s a reason why he plans to “Celebrate Salt Lake County.”
McAdams is partnering with the Utah Food Bank for a food drive on the night of his inauguration.
“We need to remember that the need for food and to provide for those in our community doesn’t end when Christmas ends, but it goes throughout the year,” he said.
The inauguration celebration begins Jan. 7 at 9 a.m. at the Rose Wagner Building. Donations can be dropped off there on Jan. 7 or all week at the Salt Lake County Government Center at 2100 South State Street.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- Man killed after semitrailers collide on freeway