by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted cashews or peanuts
- 2/3 pound dried whole wheat linguine or 1 lb. fresh lo mein noodles
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup thawed frozen shelled edamame
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the nuts on a baking sheet. Roast until toasted, about 8 minutes. Let cool. Chop nuts in a food processor.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, broccoli and beans into the pasta water 5-6 minutes before it is done.
Drain the noodles and vegetables. In the same pot, add the sesame oil; sauté the ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the broth, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring. Put the noodles and veggies back in the pot. Mix well with the sauce. Add the edamame; stir through. Transfer the noodles and veggies to a large bowl. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, green onions and fresh tomatoes on top. Serve immediately.