Video of rescue attempt gone wrong goes viral
SALT LAKE CITY – The poor execution by a would-be rescuer on a California lake is getting a lot of attention.
What was supposed to be a fun day of sledding turned into a rescue operation gone terribly wrong. One man’s call for help at a frozen lake in Wrightwood, Calif., turned into twelve attempted rescuers falling into the lake, one by one.
Fortunately everyone was able to be pulled from the lake and is doing okay now, but the viral video shows a very important lesson.
Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Bruce Healey, who works with the swift water rescue team, says the best thing to do is throw the person an inner tube instead of getting yourself stuck in the same situation.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats