Police: Man accidentally crashes in CH Maverik
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Police in Cottonwood Heights say a man smashed into a Maverik store on Wednesday morning.
According to police, a white man in his 30s left his car running while he ran into a Maverik station located at 6855 South and 1300 East but apparently forgot to put his car in park because it started rolling.
The man jumped back into the moving car to stop it but police say he hit the gas instead of the brakes, ramming into the store, then took off in a panic.
A witness got the suspect’s license plate and Maverik employees say they have his business card; they say he’s a regular there.
The man was driving a newer model white Toyota pickup. Anyone with information is asked to contact Cottonwood Heights police.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base