Space heaters may be to blame in Heber City fire
HEBER CITY, Utah– A building housing a litter of piglets caught fire early Sunday morning, and police believe space heaters may be the cause.
It happened in an accessory building located behind a home at 1780 E 2400 S in Heber City at around 5 a.m.
Fire crews said two space heaters were being used in the building to keep a litter of piglets warm.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated, but officials said the heaters likely played a factor.
It took fire crews more than an hour to put out the flames due to the cold temperatures that froze their water hoses.
Crews estimate $70,000 in structure damage.
All of the piglets were rescued, and no injuries have been reported.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving