Multi-state serial bank robber pleads guilty
WEBER COUNTY, Utah – A serial robber who escaped when released from jail to go to the dentist and went on the run for weeks before being recaptured has pleaded guilty.
Joshua Michael Beckstead pleaded guilty to holding up banks in four states. He was caught after police say he went on a bank robbery spree in Wyoming, Montana, Oklahoma and Utah.
A judge let Beckstead out of jail on May 8 to go to the dentist, but he never returned. He was arrested again on July 4.
Beckstead is back in the Weber County Jail. He will be sentenced on Feb. 27.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base