Man steals cash, yogurt in SLC Red Mango robbery
SALT LAKE CITY – Police are looking for a suspect who robbed a Red Mango in Salt Lake City on Friday.
The incident occurred at the Red Mango located at 2100 South and 1511 East at around 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Police say the suspect walked into the store, pulled out a black handgun and asked the lone employee for all the money in the cash register.
He stuffed money and some yogurt into a plastic bag and left the shop, heading north on foot.
Police searched the area with bloodhounds but weren’t able to track the man. They believe he may have gotten away in a vehicle parked nearby.
The suspect matches the description of another robbery last week at a Baskin Robbins store.
The suspect is about 30 years old, 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet tall with a skinny build. He was wearing a green coat with a hood and a mask over his face.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say