Bread Pudding with Old English Toffee Sauce (12.24.12)
By Executive Chef Jason Merryweather, Harvest Restaurant at Thanksgiving Point
- ½ c. sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2t. vanilla
- 1t. cinnamon
- 4c. half and half
- Medium diced bread enough to fill 9×13 baking dish
Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in mixing bowl and whisk together. Add half and half. Spray 9×13 baking dish with oil. Place diced bread in baking dish. Pour mixture over bread. You may have to push bread down to coat well. Bake in a 350F degree oven for about an hour. Bread pudding will move slightly in the middle when moved.
- 1 cube butter
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. + 1T. flour
- 2c. hot water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white vinegar
Melt butter, add sugar and flour in a heavy 2-qt pan and stir constantly until mixture turns color of paper bag. Add water and cook on low until dissolved and smooth. Add vinegar and lemon juice and stir in.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Rock slide leaves 2 people dead inside house in Rockville
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church