Provo police arrest man accused of rape of a child in 1990s
PROVO, Utah – Police in Provo have arrested a man accused of several rape charges dating back to the 1990s.
David Hamblin is facing multiple charges including 12 counts of rape of a child. The felony charges are based on events that reportedly happened between 1991 and 1998.
There is no statute of limitations for child sex crimes in Utah, meaning they can be prosecuted no matter how much time has passed.
An accuser recently went to police because she says she was afraid for her life because Hamblin had allegedly threatened to kill her.
Hamblin will be in court in American Fork on Jan. 8 for a waiver hearing.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving