Gourmet Holiday Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette (12.20.12)
By Jennifer Burns, with Slide Ridge
- 1 red delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons almonds or walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
Place apple slices in a large serving bowl. Toss with lemon juice to prevent browning. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Slide Ridge Honey Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine in blender and blend until smooth. Pour over salad; mix through. Serve immediately.