Easy Chocolate Truffles (12.13.12)
by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1/3 cup pecans, almonds or walnut, toasted, divided
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup Gossner Butter
- 1/4 cup Gossner Whipping Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Place 24 small foil candy cups in miniature muffin cups or on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pecans into each; set cups and remaining pecans aside.
In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until melted. Stir in cream and extract. Beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Immediately pour into prepared cups. Top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Note: Add orange or almond extract for added flavor.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base