Deer Valley opens with a celebrity ski fest
PARK CITY, Utah – Deer Valley Resort kicked off its opening weekend with a celebrity ski fest.
The resort, opening for its 32nd season, says visitors can catch a glimpse of former Olympic ski legends and television and movie stars on Saturday and Sunday.
“To me this is a lot more fun than a celebrity golf tournament,” said Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. “This is getting people out in the wilderness, and ski areas is one of the ways that get Americans back in touch with their primal roots of democracy.”
Some of the best-known ski legends, including Steve Mahre and Tommy Moe, will compete in a race on Sunday.
There will also be live music and fundraising for the environmental group Waterkeeper Alliance.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age