Deer Valley opens with a celebrity ski fest
PARK CITY, Utah – Deer Valley Resort kicked off its opening weekend with a celebrity ski fest.
The resort, opening for its 32nd season, says visitors can catch a glimpse of former Olympic ski legends and television and movie stars on Saturday and Sunday.
“To me this is a lot more fun than a celebrity golf tournament,” said Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. “This is getting people out in the wilderness, and ski areas is one of the ways that get Americans back in touch with their primal roots of democracy.”
Some of the best-known ski legends, including Steve Mahre and Tommy Moe, will compete in a race on Sunday.
There will also be live music and fundraising for the environmental group Waterkeeper Alliance.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving