by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 tablespoon Gossner Butter
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups Gossner Cheddar cheese or Colby Jack, shredded
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Gossner Whipping Cream or sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapenos (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Coat a medium (10-inch) cast-iron skillet with butter; heat over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. (Corn kernels may “pop” as they brown.) Remove from heat. In a baking dish, combine the corn, cheddar or colby jack cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne, chili powder, salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven. Bake until golden and bubbling, 18 to 20 minutes.
Garnish with tomato, cilantro, scallions and jalapenos, if using. Serve with crackers or chips.