Man hospitalized after exposure to unknown chemical
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A man was hospitalized after being exposed to an unknown chemical while working in North Salt Lake on Monday.
The incident occurred near Main Street and 1100 North at a water treatment building. A delivery was made and a product was introduced into the system that caused an issue, according to Chief Rampton, South Davis Metro Fire Department
A hazmat crew is on the scene doing an evaluation to determine what happened.
Chief Rampton said the issue is contained to the building.
The man was conscious and breathing when he was transported to the hospital.
South Davis Metro Fire Department had closed 1100 North between 800 West and 1100 West for a few hours Monday.
Continue to watch FOX 13 News and fox13now.com for more details as they become available.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic is slowly moving in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats