Fire starts in Bountiful home’s garage
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Firefighters managed to save most of a house after a fire broke out in Bountiful Thursday.
It happened around 7 p.m. at 3013 South 100 West in Bountiful.
Crews said the fire started in the garage of the home with three family members inside. Everyone was able to get out safely and crews were able to save the home.
Firefighters stayed overnight to monitor the home for flareups because there was so much content in the garage, according to Jeff Bassett, with South Davis Metro Fire Department.
“So we will rotate a fire crew throughout the night here. We’ll be checking for hot spots, watching to make sure, we have, you know, some wind tonight so we don’t want anything kicking up so we’re gonna keep a crew here to watch that and monitor that,” Bassett Said.
Investigators will be on the scene Friday to try to figure out the cause of the fire.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- 300 motorists trapped in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats